Welcome

Welcome! I'm really excited that you have stopped by. I'm sure that you're just as busy as I am but still want to find enjoyable ways to fill your life with God-centered things. Well, you've come to the right place. Whether you have 5 minutes or 35 minutes, there is something here for you. Through each post, I hope to guide you towards the one source for which we can depend on. Subscribe and invite your friends so that we can all grow closer to God together!

Wednesday, March 18, 2015

You are What You Eat



I believe that most of us have heard of the saying, "You are what you eat." The first time that I heard it, I was in elementary school. Back then my friends and I honestly believed that we would turn orange if we ate a ton of carrots. Now I understand that if I eat only sugary food, my body will perform based of all of the processed sugars I've ingested. Let's just say my performance would be pretty sad if all I ate was sugar.

If that saying is easy to grasp and believed my most human beings, how about applying that in a spiritual sense. If we only "consume" worldly things, then we shall become worldly. Seems simple enough right? Yes, however mix some denial in there and the outcome is too many Christian living today.

Whether or not we honestly believe that we can have our cake and eat it too, one thing that is certain is that one day we will have to explain our sweet tooth to our Heavenly Father.

"So then, each of us will give an account of ourselves to God." Romans 14:12

"But I tell you that everyone will have to give an account on the day of judgement for every empty word they have spoken." Matthew 12:36

For those lifestyle choices that we chose to call good evil and vice versa, God will ask us why? Standing before the Great I Am is not going to be the same as standing before our parents.

"As surely as I live,' says the Lord, 'Everyone will bow before me; everyone will say that I am God." Romans 14:11

There will be no skirting around that fact in the end. That includes Atheists, Sikhs, Buddhists, Agnostics, Hindus, and any other world view or religion. EVERY SINGLE PERSON who has ever lived and will ever live will acknowledge God as God.

So, what I was reminded of this past weekend is that no matter what you decide to hold onto against God's will, it will not go unnoticed. That sin will arise again when the great Judge calls for you account for why you loved that sin more than you loved Him.


Will you chose God over the sins you struggle with?


photo credit: Carrots via photopin (license)

No comments:

Post a Comment