Welcome

Welcome! I'm really excited that you have stopped by. I'm sure that you're just as busy as I am but still want to find enjoyable ways to fill your life with God-centered things. Well, you've come to the right place. Whether you have 5 minutes or 35 minutes, there is something here for you. Through each post, I hope to guide you towards the one source for which we can depend on. Subscribe and invite your friends so that we can all grow closer to God together!

Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Am I Being Left Behind??

Ever feel like everyone around you to growing in the Lord and you are being left behind?

You just can't seem to get the right footing going? But then Jill and Kevin are learning and experiencing life in deep ways that reveal the handiwork of Christ.

STOP! STOP and take a pause.

What is the root of these thought? Is it self pity because you are not willing to put into action some of the things God has asked of you? Or is the the Holy Spirit speaking to you and desiring for you to reconnect with your Savior?

Basically, is self or God at the heart of your thoughts?

"For God did not give us a spirit that makes us afraid, but of power and love and self-control." 2 Tim. 1:7

So sitting in fear like a deer watching others exercise their faith does not seem like accepting God's strength is occurring!

As the hard times roll on in my life, I realize that I must put my motives in check daily. Otherwise the lurking lion will seize any moment to pull me down. And when I go down, it can feel impossible to get up. I can even stare at my Bible as if I am confused as to how it could give me any sort of assistance.

David says it right in Psalm 119:133-135.

Join me in this prayer:

Father, 

You see my heart. It is hurting and afraid. I feel stuck. It is intimidating at times to see fellow Christ followers around me thriving when I know that I am capable of doing so as well. So, help me not to get lost in what I think that I am not doing, but instead to get lost in your uplifting words. I do not know all the answers to all of my questions. Despite that I will trust you and get to know you better. For I know that in getting to know you more, I will be comforted by what I learn.

I pray all this in your son's name, 

Amen.



Share with me the ways you keep your motives in check. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment