Welcome

Welcome! I'm really excited that you have stopped by. I'm sure that you're just as busy as I am but still want to find enjoyable ways to fill your life with God-centered things. Well, you've come to the right place. Whether you have 5 minutes or 35 minutes, there is something here for you. Through each post, I hope to guide you towards the one source for which we can depend on. Subscribe and invite your friends so that we can all grow closer to God together!

Thursday, January 16, 2014

He Comes Through in the End

Today has definitely been a tough day at work. It just seemed so endless. Too many children to watch; too many reminders to stay on task; and too many academic decisions to be made. It was just endless.

By 4 p.m. I just wanted to go home. I was running low on fuel and my patience tank was depleting. Yet, I still had my third group of students on the docket for the day. I felt like I was dragging myself along. I was just done.

As I stand at the board teaching math a while later, I realize that this last group of students did not deserve to get my left overs. I felt burnt out, but they still needed their teacher. They deserved the same positive, fun, learning environment that I had provided earlier in the day.

I wish I could say that I did a 180 and was ready again to tackle the rest of my day. Nope. That is not what happened. However, I can say that I said a prayer in my heart to God and my outlook improved. I felt like I had a little more energy and a lot more mental clarity. Most importantly I felt God speaking through me and teaching my student when I felt unable to pull information from my mind. That was when I truly felt the power.

So, what is the morel of the story? I have no idea what God meant for me to get from today specifically since I feel like so much happened, but I know that I will never forget how he answered my prayer. He spoke through me, which spoke to me. He lifted me up when I felt I could only go down. He came through for my students when I could not. So, I guess:
Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; 
in all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight.
~Proverbs 3:5-6

No comments:

Post a Comment