Welcome

Welcome! I'm really excited that you have stopped by. I'm sure that you're just as busy as I am but still want to find enjoyable ways to fill your life with God-centered things. Well, you've come to the right place. Whether you have 5 minutes or 35 minutes, there is something here for you. Through each post, I hope to guide you towards the one source for which we can depend on. Subscribe and invite your friends so that we can all grow closer to God together!

Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Today Indeed was Rough!

   


     I must say, today was a rough day. So much so that all I wanted to do was hide away from it all in my room. So, when I got home this evening, that is exactly what I did. Yet, it was not as satisfying as I had hoped it would be. I felt a nagging in my heart to open it up to God and allow him to comfort me from the trials experienced at work.

     Despite my carnal desires, I have chosen to spend some time with God. The verse that came to mind was Mark 14:38 which says, "The spirit is indeed is willing, but the flesh is weak." I am a living testimony of how true that verse is. When you think that you will have power over the sin you are currently struggle, remember YOU DO NOT! In retrospect, I see how God could have comforted me earlier had I opened my heart up to him.
"I can do all things through CHRIST which strengthens me." Philippians 4:13
Only through the power of God are we able to conquer even the smallest of things like sitting up in bed and talking to God instead of watching TV.

     I employ you rise above any pride that may be holding you back from letting God in at this very moment. Our Lord is right there ready to help you to be victorious. He desires to share blessings upon blessings with you. You may make the wrong decision at times, however keep the words of Paul in your heart:
"Nay, in all things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us." Romans 8:37

Can you recall a time when you were not sure you wanted to spend time with God, yet in the end it was rewarding?

~Shana



photo credit: Silvia Sala via photopin cc

No comments:

Post a Comment