Welcome

Welcome! I'm really excited that you have stopped by. I'm sure that you're just as busy as I am but still want to find enjoyable ways to fill your life with God-centered things. Well, you've come to the right place. Whether you have 5 minutes or 35 minutes, there is something here for you. Through each post, I hope to guide you towards the one source for which we can depend on. Subscribe and invite your friends so that we can all grow closer to God together!

Monday, September 22, 2014

Paradigm Shift

I get this awesome idea of the ideal meal to cook. I am hungry and can't wait to consume the goodness. So, I toss some of this and that into a mixture and into the oven it goes. What if this happened next:



"Hey," says Mr. IAmAnEgg, "why am I not green like Mr. Greenpepper?"

"Because you are an egg," says Shana.

"But I can really envision how I would be so much better as a green egg."

"You are an egg just in the way that I need you to be. I wouldn't have it any other way," responds Shana.

"Ummm.... I mean I hear what you are saying chef, but how about considering my texture? Mr. Flour's texture would be ideal for me. Just recall how he felt between your fingers," says Mr. IAmAnEgg with confidence.

"Ok, Mr. IAmAnEgg, everything about you is the way that you were intended to be. From the very moment that you were concetualized, your design was right. Your design has no flaws. You scan through the other ingredients trying to put together this plan of what you should become. No need. You have been already crafted. Just allow yourself to be baked so that the useless parts of you are dead and gone and all that is left will be just what is needed for this dish."

***********

There needs to be a paradigm shift in our minds. We are not to seek who we are to become as if the perfect design wasn't in existence already. We are to ask God to reveal what He has created. Then as he refines us, more of His handiwork is revealed. Yes, sin is real and has messed things up, but it is written, "I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well." ~Psalm 139:14



If we only embrace truly being God's creation instead of what "creation I wish I was," more people will look at us and only see Christ.

So, instead of asking God "why" because of our dislike for some of the changes He is doing in our lives, we need to say, "Reveal more Creator. Your creation is ready to be your instrument."

"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you; I appointed you a prophet to the nations." Jeremiah 1:5

"The carpenter stretcheth out his rule; he marketh it out with a line; he fitteth it with planes, and he marketh it out with the compass, and maketh it after the figure of a man, according to the beauty of a man; that it may remain in the house." Isaiah 44:13


Who has God crafted you to be?



photo credit: bitzcelt via photopin cc
photo credit: bill mcallen via photopin cc

No comments:

Post a Comment