Welcome

Welcome! I'm really excited that you have stopped by. I'm sure that you're just as busy as I am but still want to find enjoyable ways to fill your life with God-centered things. Well, you've come to the right place. Whether you have 5 minutes or 35 minutes, there is something here for you. Through each post, I hope to guide you towards the one source for which we can depend on. Subscribe and invite your friends so that we can all grow closer to God together!

Wednesday, September 24, 2014

What I Experienced during #PrayerWeekend

After dedicating this past weekend to prayer, I can look back and see how God was working. My eyes were opened to see things more of the way that God designed for me to see things.



Awareness. Most people have had at least one best friend, or someone they were really close to, at some point in their life. As the relationship deepened, so did the understanding of what made each person tick. Spending so much time in prayer, made me more aware of God's handiwork throughout the day. It's almost as if I now saw more reasons to pray as I went throughout my day. Things that I ignored or just didn't notice before, now clicked and meant something.

Tenderness. As relationships deepen, the sentiment increases. There was an intimacy that I experienced with God that left me with the warm and fuzzies. I had a longing for Him and felt at ease when I was in His presence.

Endless words. So often time when I'm praying, I feeling like I'm searching for words. So in order to avoid the awkward, I set a time limit on the prayer. When things are heading south, JUMP SHIP! However, that was not the case. I felt that my knees would break before I ran out of words. It was awesome! So many people came to mind; so many instances; so many want and desires. I could have never ended.

* * * * *

There is power in prayer. If nothing else, I gained a stronger bond with my Savior. However, I know that I gained so much more. I wish I could see all the ways that God answers all of my prayers, but I know and trust that He is already working things out in so many lives.

How has God revealed himself to you? How has he answered prayers?


photo credit: Stella Dauer via photopin cc

No comments:

Post a Comment